Courgette and Mushroom Stroganoff
I used single cream and white wine as that was all I had and it was fine. It needs a whole 300ml carton of cream and more mushroom and onion will help along with more seasoning at the end. Cook the veg in the cream for longer to absorb the flavourings. I used courgette only although will try it with other veg when the glut calms down.
· 1 large onion, peeled and chopped
· 4 oz (112 g) mushrooms, wiped and chopped
· Olive oil
· 1 tablespoon soy sauce
· 5 fl oz (140 ml) sour cream or natural yoghurt *
· 2 fl oz (56 ml) red table wine *
· 1 lb (450 g) mixed raw vegetables (carrots, courgettes, cauliflower,broccoli etc), chopped
1. Steam the mixed vegetables until tender.
2. Sauté the mushrooms and onion in the olive oil until soft, then add the soy sauce and wine. Simmer for a few minutes and stir in the sour cream or yoghurt and allow to warm through.
3. Toss in the steamed vegetables.
4. Serve hot with rice, noodles, mashed potatoes or with baked potatoes.