Lemon Courgette Cake
· 200g (7 oz) grated courgette
· 150g (5 oz) caster sugar
· 1 egg
· 125ml (4 fl oz) vegetable oil
· 200g (7 oz) plain flour
· 1/2 teaspoon salt
· 1/2 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
· 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
· 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
· 2 teaspoons lemon zest (1 lemon)
Prep: 15 mins | Cook: 45 mins
1.Preheat oven to 160 C / Gas mark 3. Grease a loaf tin.
2. In a bowl, beat together the courgette, sugar, egg and oil. In a separate bowl, sift together the flour, salt, bicarbonate of soda and baking powder; stir in the cinnamon and lemon zest. Stir the flour mixture into the courgette mixture just until blended. Pour the batter into the prepared tin.
3. Bake 45 minutes in the preheated oven until a knife inserted in the centre comes out clean. Remove from heat and cool about 10 minutes before turning out onto a wire rack to cool completely.