Fritters 1 (V Good)
· Serves: 4
· 240g courgette (weighed after being squeezed dry)
· 2 eggs, beaten
· 4 tablespoons chopped onion (1/2 onion)
· 8 tablespoons plain flour (90gms)
· 8 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese (60gms)
· 8 tablespoons grated mozzarella/Cheddar cheese (90gms)
· 2 tablespoons fresh basil
· salt to taste
· 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
Prep: 10 mins | Cook: 20 mins
You must squeeze the water out of the courgettes first, it’s too sloppy otherwise. (I added the 2 tbsp basil – v good and added the weights in brackets. Once I used Cheddar cheese as I had no mozzarella & it was just as good.)
1.In a medium bowl, combine the courgette, eggs, onion, flour, Parmesan cheese, mozzarella cheese, basil and salt. Stir well enough to distribute ingredients evenly.
2. Heat a small amount of oil in a frying pan over medium-high heat. Drop courgette mixture by heaping tablespoonfuls, and cook for approx 2 minutes on each side until golden.