Hixon Allotments Association
Beetroot Tarte Tatin
will need a frying pan that will go into the oven for this.
1. Make enough shortcrust pastry to cover this. I add a few cumin seeds & 1 egg to my pastry for this recipe. Put pastry into the fridge whilst you get on with the filling.
2. Preheat the oven to 200C/Gas 6
3. In the frying pan heat the oil & butter & gently fry the shallot until soft but not coloured
4. Add the beetroot \& balsamic & fry until the vinegar reduces
5. Cover the pan with the pastry disc, tucking it down the sides & bake until the pastry is cooked.
To serve, turn it
upside down onto a plate, serve with herb yoghurt.