(Makes A Lot Of
1lb Jerusalem Artichokes.
1 Stalk Celery.
1 Tablespoon Oil.
1 Pint Stock or Water.
¾ Pint Milk.
1 Tablespoon Parsley.
1. Wash and slice Artichokes.
2. String a slice of Celery
3. Peel Onion and chop finely
4. Put oil in a pan, add vegetables and Sauté them over a moderate heat.
5. Stir in Flour and cook for 1 minute.
6. Add Stock or Water and a little Salt
7. Simmer until tender but not mushy.
8. For creamy soup liquidise.
9. Add Milk and re-heat soup, but do not boil.
10. Add freshly ground Black Pepper and chopped Parsley before serving.